Welcome to CLB Legal Nurse Consulting
Cindy Burhoe, RN, CLNC
With my experience and background I can:
- educate and advise attorneys and their staff on the medical issues of a case
- screen cases for merit
- define the applicable Medical and Nursing Standards of care including adherence to and deviation from said standards
- review, interpret and summarize medical records, hospital policies and procedures and other essential documents
- conduct research and summarize pertinent medical literature, and incorporate this information into the case analysis
- prepare reports and chronologies
- assess alleged damages and/or injuries
- identify factors that caused or contributed to the alleged damages and/or injuries
- locate appropriate experts for each individual case
- assist in preparing questions for deposition preparation
in order to save time and be cost effective for the attorney.
My services also include:
- attending Independent Medical Examinations (IME) as a nurse observer.
- Independent Medical Examination report typing.
- Independent Medical Examination deposition/trial testimony.
* Medical Malpractice
* Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
* Nursing Home Litigation
* Product Liability
* Workplace Injury
* Toxic Tort
To screen your legal cases that involve medical issues with integrity and quality.
To provide you with the nursing knowledge, expertise and medical experience needed to
strengthen your case for justice
Cindy is a Registered Nurse and Legal Nurse Consultant with over 15 years’ of nursing experience in both hospital and long-term care settings. She received her Associate of Science degree in Nursing from Hillsborough Community College in Florida in 1987. She has experience as a Registered Nurse with a varied expertise in: Medical-Surgical, Telemetry, Cardiac Step-down, Cardiac and Neurological Progressive Care Units, both acute and Sub-acute Rehabilitation, Long-term Care and Long-term Acute Care facilities. Cindy received her certification as a legal nurse from the Vickie Milazzo Institute.
Cindy’s fifteen years of clinical experience provide her with the distinctive ability to quickly analyze, interpret and summarize medical records from both a medical and nursing viewpoint.
Cindy is a member of the Akron Bar Association in Ohio, the National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants, the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, and the National Association of Professional Women.
On a personal note, Cindy has six children, five sons and one daughter. She has also been married for over 22 years. She loves to sing in the choir at church, play guitar when she has the opportunity and is both a leader for and has been the Ohio State Publicity and Outreach Leader for Moms’ in Prayer International.read more